Monday, June 1, 2009

Eli Hits the Pool

Some dear friends of ours from the church, Art and Vera, have a pool at their house that they let us use during the summer. Every summer since I've lived here, I have gone to their pool to relax, read books, catch some rays, and exercise (okay, mostly the first three, but I thought I'd throw the exercise in there just in case I sounded like a bum!).

Today Eli and I went to the pool for the first time. I knew that we wouldn't be able to stay very long, but I wanted to see how he would do in the water. I went by Wal-Mart this afternoon and picked up a baby float for him, sunscreen, and a beach towel and then we went home to get ready to head to the pool.

We got there and I put him in his float. It took him just a few minutes to get acclimated to the water, but once he did, he started having a great time! Josh and I are going to try to go back later on this week with him after the big crowds have left the pool (we're not the only ones that enjoy Art and Vera's pool...they are GREAT about sharing!). I can't wait to spend many more summer days with my boy at the pool :) I LOVE SUMMER!

Scoping out the pool, looking for hot chicks...

One cool dude!


My favorite wide open mouthed smile!

He seemed to enjoy his little float.
Now if I could just figure out how to get him to lay back and relax!


Whew! Long day at the pool, Mommy. Time to go home and eat!

1 comment:

Aunt Debra said...

This is one happy little fellow! You can tell from his expressions he loves the pool. What fun you guys are going to have this summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...