Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Looking Back: First Month

Our first month at home with our new baby was full of excitement and firsts for all of us. Eli quickly fell into a pattern of eating and sleeping like all new babies do. Our days were spent staring at Eli when he was awake and staring at Eli when he was asleep. Do you think we liked him just a little bit? :) We were so in love with him and couldn't get enough! Josh took off three weeks from work to stay home with me and help me with Eli. I guess the thing I remember the most about this time is that Josh borrowed every season of One Tree Hill that was out on DVD from Nicki so he could watch them while he was home with us. To this day when I hear the theme song "I Don't Want To Be" played by Gavin DeGraw, I always think of that first month with Eli and Josh at home. We literally watched One Tree Hill, or OTH, as Josh called it, from the time we got up until the time we went to sleep.

We had lots of visitors stop by to come see Eli during those first weeks. My grandmother and Mom came back two weeks after Eli was born to stay the weekend with us and we had lots of family and friends from church visit us every day. Mamaw Chandler came by and gave Eli his first bath, which he really didn't enjoy too much. He had his first doctor's visit a week after he was born and got a great report. We were able to meet Dr.R and fell in love with her immediately.










Eli also celebrated his first Thanksgiving during his first month, but he didn't get to enjoy all the great food. He had to settle for Mommy milk instead. He didn't seem to mind too much. We definitely had a LOT to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!



Eli was a great baby. He slept when he was supposed to sleep and ate when he was supposed to eat. I remember walking around being so exhausted from only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep at night, but I didn't care because I had him. I loved being a Mommy so much, especially when Eli began to smile at us for the first time right around a month old. It was enough to melt our hearts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...