Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eli's 1st Halloween Party at School

Friday before Halloween, Eli's class at school had their Halloween party. I called his teacher the night before and asked her whether I needed to send Eli in his costume or just regular clothes. She recommended sending him in regular clothes and putting the costume in his backpack She said they would dress them before the party. That's what I did, but when I got to the party I was very surprised to see Eli still in his play clothes. I asked his teacher, Mrs. S what happened and she said that when she asked Eli if he wanted to wear his outfit, he told her "No, thank you." Oh well, that wasn't a battle that I was going to fight, so Eli went as himself :)

I was so excited to be able to go to his party. Since I work, I don't get to drop off or pick up Eli or talk to his teachers on a regular basis. I didn't want other mommies to be at the party and then Eli wonder where his Mommy was, so I made sure that I was there. I am blessed that I have a job where I can take off for just an hour without it being too much of a hassle and it helps to have an understanding principal, too!

I got there and soon after that it was time for snack. Eli was so surprised to see me and ran to me and gave me a big hug. Then he pointed to the table and said, "Mama, sit? Mama, eat.....me?" (Mama, sit? Mama, eat with me?) I was so happy to tell him, "Yes!" He and his classmates chowed down on spider cupcakes, pumpkin shaped sandwiches, Cheetos, and juice. Eli mostly enjoyed the Cheetos :)



Here is sweet little Hannah. You've read about her on the blog before :)

Here is Douglas. He's been on the blog before, too.

After their snack, the party mom's let the class play the game, "Put the Nose on the Pumpkin." It was quite funny to see toddlers trying to put the nose on the pumpkin. They kept matching the triangle with the ones for the eyes. Finally, after a little bit of help, Mr. Pumpkin finally got a nose.



Before we left, each child got to pick a pumpkin to take home. Eli liked this game and quickly started gathering ALL the pumpkins for himself...my little hoarder :) All the kids ended up with a pumpkin and we passed out our treat bags for his friends and left. The party was so much fun! I'm so glad I got to go and spend this time with my little man :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...