Saturday, November 13, 2010

Trunk or Treat 2010

Saturday night our church hosted it's annual Trunk or Treat event for our community. Church members sign up to decorate the trunks of their cars and pass out candy to the 1000+ people that come through our event. Josh and I have been participating every year since we moved here in 2005. It's one of my favorite events of the season!

This year our family decided to do an Old McDonald's farm theme. Josh and Eli were Old McDonald and Young McDonald. Lisa, Josh's aunt, was a pig. Susan, one of our friends, and I were the cows, Jordan and Addison were sheep, and everyone else that didn't want to wear a costume wore the letters E-I-E-I-O.

We had a BLAST that night. Eli loved passing out candy to all the kids and he really enjoyed going around and filling up his trick or treat bag. He tried to eat all the candy in the bag, but I only let him have a couple of pieces. I know, I know...what a mean Mommy!

It was a night full of excitement and fun! I'm so glad our church hosts this event for our community every year. I can't wait to see what we're going to do next year!


Our group picture. Next year, we're picking a spot that doesn't directly face the sun.

My two farmers

Emily and Bolton

Eli trick or treating around the cars.

This group won best theme. Didn't they do a FABULOUS job?

Eli tried to convince Whestley to give him all the candy in her bowl.

Grease!

D'Shay and Dusty

The Flintstones

Oscar Mayer weiner group

A mama sheep and her little lamb :)

Sampling the candy

Our little family :)

Spiderman even made an appearance

Eli loved passing out candy to the kids that were walking around the cars.

Aren't our pumpkins cute? Josh did a great job carving them!

Got milk? Mooooo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...