Thursday, October 10, 2013

Alien Invasion

Those of you that have been reading the blog for awhile know that my school has a different Accelerated Reader theme each year to get the kids excited about reading their A.R. Books. Our kick-off day for A.R. is always a huge event and everyone at school really looks forward to it. This year was no exception! This year all the teachers voted that we wanted to do a space theme for A.R. and the slogan was going to be "Reading is out of this world!" We sent notes home with all the kids to dress up as anything relating to space-aliens, planets, astronauts, Angry Birds, Star Wars, etc. My students in my room couldn't wait! 

I teach with the coolest group of girls and we always try to dress up for any event our school has. We love making it fun for the kids. We decided to be aliens this year for A.R. kick-off day and it was so much fun! We were the wackiest looking aliens you've ever seen, but the kids LOVED our costumes! I'm so glad I teach with girls who enjoy having fun!



Torri and Judy

Me and Lindsey

Our whole group

Torri and Sarah

Me and Sarah

It was such a fun day! Now I can't wait until Halloween. It's going to be great!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...