Sunday, October 6, 2013

First Day of PreK-4

Our summer was long and wonderful but the time had finally come for school to start back up again. All summer long, I had been preparing Eli for this day. He had spent two years with his last teacher, Mrs. Paige, and we all loved her so much, but this year he was going to have a new teacher and a new classroom. Mrs. Paige and Mrs. Jody will always hold a special place in our hearts because they were Eli's first teachers. He learned so much with them and grew so much. He was a baby when he started with them and he left a little boy. I will never regret putting him in school when he was only 2 because it has helped to mold and shape him into the little boy he is today. He is so comfortable with any kind of social situation, he listens to adults and obeys, he follows rules, he handles transitions well, and he makes friends easily. I'm so happy with his school, his teachers, and the friends he's made over the past two years. 

The night before his first day of PreK-4 we read books, his devotional, and said prayers. As I was about to leave the room, Eli said, "Mommy, I'm a little nervous. I don't know if I'll like my new class. What if she doesn't give me as many chances as Mrs. Paige?" I started laughing because for the past two years, Eli has gotten a green dot in his folder every single day. I didn't realize that some of those green dots were because he'd gotten several "chances" :) I assured him that he would do great in Mrs. Rosemary's class and that he had nothing to worry about. The rest of the night went great and when he woke up in the morning, he was excited and ready to go!

Eli woke up, got dressed, and ate a hearty breakfast of eggs, yogurt, and watermelon. Then it was time for a few pictures before we left for school. I had already arranged things with my principal to miss my first morning meeting so I didn't have to rush like on a typical school morning and could take Eli to school on his first day. Thank goodness!


In all these pictures, he looks like such a big boy! He was so happy about his first day of PreK-4!




This was the picture I posted on Instagram that morning. 

My big boy!

We left our house and drove to his school. He got out, put his backpack on, and walked like such a big boy down the sidewalk to his classroom.


After making a stop by Mrs. Paige's old classroom to see Mrs. Paige and Mrs. Jody, we headed next door to his new teacher's classroom. Mrs. Rosemary was there and was so excited to see Eli. I was relieved to know that Rosemary and Paige share a supply closet, so Eli can still see Mrs. Paige and Mrs. Jody during the day. I think that made him feel better, too! A lot of his close friends from Mrs. Paige's class were in Eli's new class, so once he saw them he was great! He walked right in and started playing with the table toys that were out. 

All the preschool teachers chose a different Pete the Cat book for their theme this year. 
Mrs. Rosemary picked Pete the Cat and His Groovy Buttons


We snapped one quick picture of all three of us and then Josh and I left our big boy to enjoy the rest of his first day of PreK-4. We knew it was going to be great!


I cannot believe that my little boy is in PreK-4. The school years are flying by so quickly and I'm trying my best to soak up every little moment with him. I love how much he is learning and growing every day. He is such a blessing to my life and I think Josh and I would both agree that we're better people because of this little boy. We love him so much it hurts sometimes and we can't wait to see all the wonderful things that God is going to do in him and through him. We are looking forward to a wonderful year in PreK-4! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...