Monday, June 27, 2016

Spring Break Beach Trip-Day 1

Sunday morning (Easter Sunday) we were up bright and early packing the last of our things for the beach. Eli was so excited to see what the Easter Bunny had brought him and he grabbed some of the toys and put them in his suitcase to take with him to the beach. Once we were all packed, we loaded up our suitcases and bags in Josh's truck and hit the road. Eli is great in the car on trips. Neither one of our cars have a DVD system so he usually passes the time playing on my iPad or his LeapPad. Unfortunately, he's like me and gets motion sickness so he can only do this for a little bit at a time or else he'll spend the rest of the trip sick to his stomach.


We stopped and grabbed a quick bite to eat for lunch and then we continued our trip. By late afternoon, we had arrived at the beach! Oh, how I LOVE the beach! Seeing the blue green waters of the ocean, hearing the sound of the waves breaking, and walking on the white sand causes my body and my mind to instantly relax and go into vacation mode. The beach is truly my happy place :) I tell Josh all the time it's where I want to retire. Of course, that's going to be hard to do on a teacher's salary, but I can dream! 

Eli couldn't wait to get down to the water so we literally dropped our bags in our bedrooms in the condo, waited for Eli to change into his swimsuit, and then we made the short trip down to the water. We were all so happy to finally be at the beach.


We didn't stay very long, only about an hour, but Eli had such a fun time playing in the water. He was soaked in minutes! The water was so cold to me but it didn't bother Eli one bit. We knew we were going to have a great week at the beach! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...