Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Spring Break Beach Trip-Day 3

We woke up Tuesday morning and the first thing Eli and I did was talk a morning beach stroll. Morning strolls on the beach are one of my favorite things to do. Growing up, whenever we would go to North Carolina to visit my grandparents, my grandmother and I would always walk the beach in the morning looking for shells. Every time I take a walk on the beach looking for shells I think of her. This morning, tons of seashells had washed up on the shore so we had such a great time looking through them and collecting the ones that were special to us. 




We passed a few fishermen who had gone out early to set their lines and they had lots of company from these herons(?). I said something to one of the fishermen and he said that they love the shrimp they use as bait. I bet so! They were hanging around hoping they'd get some scraps.




By the time we got back to our condo, Josh was awake so we laid out all our shells we'd found for him to see. I think we found some that were really interesting! Now to figure out what to do with them :)




We ate breakfast and Josh and I had coffee out on the balcony. We all decided that we could probably use a break from the sun (all of us had gotten a little sunburn) so we went into town instead to have some fun. We ate lunch at the Shrimp Basket and then stopped to get Dippin' Dots for Eli. He loves to have Dippin' Dots when we go to the beach. 


I chose to hold out for TCBY which was a little further in town, but the wait was worth it! One white chocolate mousse and peanut butter swirl in a waffle cone please :) Yummy!


We kept driving until we arrived at Pirate Island Adventure Golf. Even though there are many other miniature golf locations in the area this is the ONLY place Eli wants to golf. I think we've played here  every year for the past four years we've been coming to the beach. It's a Wilson tradition now. 


The weather was perfect, not blazing hot and not freezing cold. I wore a 3/4 length shirt and I was very comfortable the entire time. That's unheard of during the summer season. Usually when we finish golf we're a sweaty mess!


Family pirate selfie



We left miniature golf and went to the outlet mall to spend the rest of the afternoon there. Since we weren't doing to the beach, we (I) figured we (I) might as well shop! We didn't stay too long. We all got a few things from some of the stores and then it was time to head back to the condo for family beach pictures :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...