Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dum-Dum to the Rescue!

This past Tuesday, Eli and I ended up at the doctor's office again. He's had an awful cough for about 3 weeks now and nothing we have done at home has made it better. I didn't want to leave the state for a week knowing my little boy was sick, so Tuesday afternoon we found ourselves waiting in the sick room for Dr. R. She checked his ears and his chest and both were completely clear. GREAT news! She checked his nose and his throat and said he had a sinus infection. Not so great news....but we did get a prescription for some amoxicillin (A.K.A. "the pink medicine") and that made Eli feel MUCH better! He loves that stuff!


This was the first time that he ever got a sucker upon leaving the doctor's office. He was very excited about this. Maybe going to the doctor in the future won't be as bad if he knows he gets a treat at the end for being so well behaved!


On our way home, I felt like I needed a treat, too, so I stopped by Dairy Queen and ordered a banana shake. YUM! Eli was in such a good mood (I'm guessing he was on a sugar high from the Dum-Dum sucker) and he and I played a game of peek-a-boo while I waited for my shake. Every time I turned around to say, "Boo!", this is what I saw...






Those ladies in Dairy Queen probably thought I was a nutball (to quote Junie B. Jones...you teachers out there will know who she is!), but I don't care when you get great pictures like these!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!

Penny said...

Sweet smiles! Yes, I know who Junie B is. Read all her books to my second graders at FLE. They loved her! =)

Avery's Mommy said...

What a sweet lil one - esp for being sick!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...