Thursday, March 11, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do

The other day Eli, Maggie, and I went outside to play. It had rained a couple of days before and water had collected in our trashcan lid. Maggie went over to it and started drinking out of it. After watching her intently, Eli made his way over to the lid and bent down over it. I thought I was about to have an America's Funniest Home Videos entry, but instead of actually drinking out of the lid like Maggie did, he just bent over it, stuck his tongue out, and acted like he was drinking out of it. By this point, I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying. I wish I had caught it all on film, but I was laughing way too hard. I did get some cute pictures of him afterward though splashing and playing in the water. After looking at these pictures again, I'm thinking the sand and water table is going to be a great activity this summer!





P.S. For you germaphobes out there...don't worry, there was a thorough hand washing when we went back inside the house :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

lol! how did you know i was thinking about those germs?!? =) i guess i need to live a little and actually laugh if brody leaned over and tried to lick water out of the trash can lid... think i am a little ways from that! (i thought i did well letting him play in the water on all the playground equipment the other day though...it's a start!) =) i'm sure it was hilarious that he was doing what maggie was doing though! cute pics of eli!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...