Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The Saturday before Josh and I left for New York, we all were very busy. I was trying to wash clothes, pack our suitcases, and straighten up the house. Josh was busy mowing, weed eating, pressure washing, and cleaning up outside. Eli had lots of fun going back and forth between the two of us while we were both working, but as you will see, he enjoyed the outside part with his Daddy VERY much!


While I was busy trying to straighten the inside of our house and pick up all of Eli's toys, he decided that pulling out all of his toys would be so much more fun. I think he got a little carried away though because he ended up inside the toy box!


What my living room looks like 75% of the time...


Eli and I both needed a break and Josh needed my help organizing the storage shed, so we went outside. I am happy to say that our storage shed is so much cleaner now! We got rid of lots of junk that we had been holding onto and saving for no reason at all. I hate it when we do that! It felt so good to pile things up by the side of the road. Eli loved watching us and helping when he could.

While I went to the front to take some stuff to the street, Eli was in the back with his Daddy. Josh didn't realize that though. He thought I had Eli with me. I thought Eli was with Josh. Eli was with Maggie, and well, she's just not that trustworthy! All of a sudden I heard Josh calling me and I ran to the backyard to find Eli happily playing in a mud hole and having the best time ever with Maggie standing behind him as if to say, "I told him not to....". I knew that he was having fun so I ran inside real quick to get my camera. I've posted the video below and you'll see that my little boy is just exactly that...ALL BOY! I have a feeling I'm going to be very nervous in the future when I clean out his pockets after he's been playing outside all day. There's no telling what I'm going to find!



P.S. If you're wondering, Maggie is deathly afraid of loud noises (thunder and fire crackers mostly). The hole that Eli is playing in was dug by her during one of those fight or flight episodes...obviously, she chooses flight every time! Josh had to use his car ramps to block the hole so Maggie wouldn't keep digging. They made a perfect seat for Eli though while he was playing in the mud!

After the mud incident, I took him inside to get a change of clothes and new shoes. Josh was kind of hurt that I did that. He said little boys were supposed to get muddy and stay muddy. And here I was thinking I did well to let him even play in the mud! We came back outside and Eli and Maggie played together in the yard. It's so cute to watch them together. Eli noticed that Maggie was showing her belly, so he decided to lift his shirt and show his as well. Too funny!


By the end of the day, we were all exhausted but it felt so nice to know that we had accomplished so much! What a great Saturday!





2 comments:

labride said...

Love it, he is definitely all boy and not delicate at all! I'd almost be afraid of what he might put in his pockets now haha.

Audra Laney said...

Amanda, watching videos of Eli is JUST LIKE watching a video of Drew. I could almost see what was coming next! I think our boys are pretty much one in the same!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...