Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend-Easter Morning

Eli woke up bright and early Sunday morning to see what the Easter Bunny had left for him this year. Mr. E.B. must have know about Eli's love of painting, so he made sure to include a Toy Story water color book. My little boy is an artist in training :) He also got three new pairs of big boy underwear. You may laugh, but we're excited that he got some new ones. He's been doing so well with potty training. I could probably say that he's potty trained right now because I can't remember the last time he's been wet or had an accident, but I'm too scared to say it in case I jinx him. Anyway, the Easter Bunny wanted to pass along his congratulations in the form of some new big boy underwear. Eli also got some chocolate bunnies, peanut butter eggs, and various other forms of candy that have now disappeared into the candy bucket at the top of our kitchen cabinet to be used only for special occasions.





I was happy to discover that the Easter Bunny still delivered to almost 30 year olds as well as little kids. I'm still a kid at heart, so I guess that's what counts.



After we looked through our Easter goodies, it was time to get ready for church. Until it was time to put his church clothes on, my son chose to walk around Grammy and Pop's house like this. Josh cringes whenever Eli puts on these red boots, Mom laughs gleefully, and I just snap picture after picture. I'm thinking senior yearbook ad one day ;)


While we were getting ready, Eli sat down and started to paint. The whole concept of having to wet his paintbrush and then dip it in the paint is still somewhat confusing to him, but he's getting better at it.


After Eli saw that Pop was dressed and was wearing a tie, he had to have one just like his Pop. Pop happily obliged and found a purple tie just like his for Eli to wear. Eli sat so still and let Pop tie it around his neck. The boy adores his Pop :)



Too precious for words!


Once we were all ready, we left for church. It was such a wonderful service. We serve an amazing God! I love Easter and the fact that we get to celebrate our risen Savior, Jesus Christ!! How exciting to know that he is alive and waiting to come back one day! It was a great day and I'm so glad my whole family was there to celebrate it with us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...