Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Wilson's Build Their Dream House Update

This past Thursday the builders finally started framing our house. I was so excited to drive by after school to check on their progress. I have to admit that at first, I was a little worried that they'd only gotten one exterior wall complete, but then Josh let me know about everything they had already completed that I just couldn't see, including all the boards around the edge of the foundation and all the chalk lines for the interior walls. I felt a little better after that.


This is what the house looked like at 3:30 Thursday after school. I left after this and went home to change clothes. Josh called and asked me to come back out to the site with him to discuss a few things with the builder.


When I got back out to the site, they had already put up another wall. Talk about moving quickly! Josh and our builder went over the plans again and talked about a few areas that they were making changes to, so I used this opportunity to take some more pictures.


(Note: When I talk about areas of the house, I'm always going to use directions as if you were looking at the house.)

This is a view of part of the back of the house. The three big spaces on the left are going to be three sets of french doors.

This is a view of the right side, where 2 of the 4 bedrooms will be, as well as the guest bathroom.


Another view of the wall that's going to hold the 3 french doors.


This is looking from the outside at the right side of the house where 2 of the bedrooms are going to be.


The next pictures of the house are ones that I took Friday after school. They accomplished a lot more that day. Almost all the exterior walls are now finished. Hopefully, if the weather cooperates, they'll continue framing this week and begin working on the interior walls.

When we got to the house, I asked Eli which room he wanted and he ran to this space. We'll just have to see about that :) I think he's going to have a rude awakening (and I will too!) when he realizes that his bedroom is on the complete opposite side of the house as ours.


This is a view of the wall for our bedroom. The two big spaces are for the windows in the master bedroom.


This is a view of the complete walls for the right side of the house.


This is a view looking at the front of the house. Two windows on either side and a really pretty door in the front. Now we just have to pick out a door!


A look from the outside in at the master bedroom.


Looking from the left corner of the house.


It's all starting to come together and the house is finally starting to look the right size. I've spent the past few weeks worrying that the measurements for our foundation were wrong. Every time I went out there it looked too small to me! I think I asked Josh three or four times, "Are you sure they measured it correctly?" Now that I have walls to give me an idea of the definite space, it's starting to look right to me. Whew!

I'm so thankful that everything is going so well. I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...