Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Delivering Christmas Goodies

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is to bake goodies for my neighbors. I don't go overboard, but I do spend a couple of days baking and cooking. This year I had a little helper that loved being the designated mixer :) Our goodies this year included-homemade white chocolate and cranberry biscotti, Rolo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, sausage and cheese balls, turtles (carmel and pecans covered in chocoalte), chocolate covered pretzels, and Oreo peppermint popcorn (Thanks, Pinterest, for the recipe on this one!). Whew! It was a lot, but we had lots of fun measuring, mixing, baking, and packaging all our goodies. 



Once they were all boxed up, we drove around our neighborhood and stopped at each house to make a special delivery. Eli LOVED this! He had a blast carrying each neighbor's box of goodies to their door and saying, "Merry Christmas!" to them as he gave it to them. This encourages me even more about doing Random Acts of Kindness with him next year as our countdown to Christmas. I first read about this great act of service at this blog. What a wonderful way to teach your children about giving! I think Eli will be the perfect age next year (you can start at any age, but I think he'll really "get it" next year) and will enjoy giving to our friends. 



Eli standing in front of our neighbor's door. 
Aren't her decorations precious??


Merry Christmas to all our neighbors! Thanks for welcoming us into the neighborhood :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...