Monday, December 5, 2011

Thankful-Thanksgiving 2011

The past few months have been kind of crazy, but on Thanksgiving Day I felt an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness for everything that has happened to us lately. There are so many things that I could list that I'm thankful for, but overall they really boil down to three things.

I'm thankful first and foremost for my Jesus Christ, his salvation, his forgiveness, his grace, his mercy, and his love. Without Him my life would be empty. He gives me the strength I need to get through hard days; he loves me when I'm unlovable; he forgives me more than I deserve; he is my hope and my anchor. There have been many times in church lately that I've just been completely overwhelmed with God's goodness during the worship service. I am so thankful that I can be called one of God's children! 

Secondly, I'm thankful for my little family. Josh and Eli have brought so much balance, purpose, and meaning to my life. I am so grateful for the man that God chose for me to spend the rest of my life. He is exactly what I needed, and he's there for me and listens to me when no one else does. He is my other half and when he's not with me I feel like a part of me is missing. I love him more than written words could ever begin to adequately describe. I can't wait to grow old with this man and I'm so hopeful for all the wonderful things that God is going to do in our lives as a couple. Next to being Josh's wife, being Eli's mom is the GREATEST joy on this earth. He makes life so much fun! I love him with my entire being. He is the best gift Josh and I have ever been given, and we are so thankful that God chose us to be his parents. It is my prayer every night that Eli would come to know Jesus at an early age. That he will, at an early age, realize how much he needs Jesus in his life. I also pray daily that God would make me into the mother he needs me to be for Eli, and that my life is an example of Jesus to Eli. 

Lastly, I'm thankful for all our family and friends. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people that God has placed in our lives for us at this time. Every one of you has impacted our lives in some way, and we wouldn't be where we are without your love, support, and prayers. Thank you for loving us and for always being there for us. Thank you for the prayers that you say on our behalf on a daily basis. Thank you for filling our lives with happiness and joy! We love you all!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...