Monday, June 30, 2008

22 Weeks and It's Time to Register!

Only 126 days left to go...it sounds like a lot when you talk about it in days, but when you say that you only have 18 weeks left, it doesn't sound like much (yet, another reason I like going by weeks). Here are my 22 week belly pictures. If you look closely, you will see that my belly button is getting smaller and smaller. In fact, I don't really even have a belly button anymore because it has stretched so much. I love it though! In fact, I can't wait for when it pops out :)

We had a great weekend and got a lot accomplished. Dan, Nicki, and Jonah traveled down south early during the week to take Jonah to the circus. Go to her blog to read all about it. Josh, Sue, and I traveled down there Saturday morning to meet them for a day of golfing, shopping, registering, and having lots of fun. Dan and Josh left immediately to go play golf at The Island golf course. The girls and Jonah left to go hit the stores. I knew that I wanted to go to Babies R Us and Target, so we started with Babies R Us. I was able to find a lot of stuff I need at Babies R Us, but hopefully, this weekend Mom and I will go to Wal-Mart so I can register for some of the little things I need. I also have to get up to my mom's town sometime soon because the Target there is so big. I'm hoping that they will have a wider selection of items so I can add the few things I couldn't find this past weekend. Anyway, back to Babies R Us, I was so glad to have Nicki with me. I would have been overwhelmed without someone who had been through all this once before. She and I carefully made our way down each and every aisle in the store registering for some of the bigger baby items I need for little Eli.

Sue kept Jonah entertained, which was not an easy job in itself. Having her there was great because Nicki and I could focus on baby stuff and not have to worry about what Jonah was getting into. (Please note: Jonah is an exceptional kid, very easy to handle, but in a store the size of Babies R Us, it's hard to keep him focused on staying with Mommy and Manna). We ran into Jonah and Sue every now and then and he even helped me register for a few items. He loved being able to help Manna :) Honestly, I think he didn't care much about Manna. He REALLY wanted the scanner gun and I just happened to be the one holding it.

We finished at Babies R Us and headed to the Baby Depot at Burlington. I've been looking for a changing table and dresser for Eli's nursery to match the crib that Torri gave us. We didn't find much there, but Jonah and I had fun playing with his hat from the circus. What a cute kid!

All of us were starting to get really hungry so we decided to stop for lunch at Olive Garden-probably my favorite restaurant of all time! I could eat the soup, salad, and bread sticks until I pop! The boys (Josh and Dan) ended up meeting us there because they had gotten rained out. I was so glad because now Josh could help me register at Target. I knew he wouldn't mind as long as he got the scanner gun :) That's his favorite part of registering.

It turns out that Josh and Dan seemed to enjoy registering together just as much as with their wives :)About an hour later, all of us were ready to go home. Josh, Dan, and Jonah had given up in the baby aisle and had made their way to the toy aisles to play with the balls. Jonah was adamant all during the day about who he wanted to push his buggy. At Babies R Us only Zoo-Zoo (Sue) could push and at Target only Josh could push. It was so much fun to watch Josh playing with Jonah. It makes me smile when I see how well he gets along with Jonah and how he jumps right in and has fun with him. I can't wait to see him with our son. What a great Daddy he's going to be! Josh was pushing the buggy and he would get Jonah to push back. Jonah really thought he was doing something because he was pushing with all of his might! He loved it!

We checked out at Target and said goodbye to the Glenn family. Josh, Sue, and I needed to go to Lowe's to look at tile for our kitchen. We are getting granite countertops today and we are going to do a travertine backsplash to go along with it. Hopefully, we'll get that done this week and we can move on to painting the cabinets and tiling the floor. Then I think our kitchen makeover will be complete! Check back later on this week for pictures from the kitchen makeover. I'll try to post that soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...