Monday, June 16, 2008

Halfway Mark--20 weeks

20 weeks
front view

20 weeks
left side

20 weeks
right side

Woo Hoo! We have made it to the halfway mark. I'm exactly 20 weeks today. I feel so blessed because this pregnancy has been WONDERFUL since the very beginning. There hasn't been a day yet that I have felt bad; in fact, the only thing that happened was I got very tired during my 1st trimester. Ever since then though, my energy level has been the same as it was before I found out I was pregnant.
I'm so thankful that I'm doing a lot of my growing during the summer. I love my job, but it's nice to be off for 2 months and get to relax. Of course, I haven't exactly relaxed just yet! I've been busier since I got out of school than when school was still in session. Things will slow down now that VBS is over...I hope!

Since we found out what we were having Josh and I have started looking at bedding, paint colors, and furniture for the nursery. I hope to have all the major things completed in the nursery before school starts back in August. I know once school resumes, I'm not going to be able to devote as much time as I would like to decorating a nursery.

Josh and I have also been debating names since we found out we were having a boy. Josh loves the name Jake; however, I'm not too fond of it. Actually, that's not the whole truth. When we weren't pregnant and we were talking about names for our future children, Jake was one name that we mentioned. Josh likes it because it sounds like a good ol' boy's name (his words). Now that we actually are pregnant and this little boy is going to be here soon, I want a name that he will be able to live with forever. Jake just didn't seem to be that name (no offense to anyone with the name Jake...different strokes for different folks). I am quite certain that our little boy's name is going to be Eli, not short for Elijah or Elisha, just Eli, like the priest that's mentioned in the Old Testament with Samuel. I love the meaning of the name and it's short and sweet. Our little boy won't have any trouble learning to spell his name in Kindergarten, which is a big plus for a little kid. As a teacher I've seen some very long and very interesting names and all I can think about is how bad those kids must feel when their teachers shows them just how many letters are in their name. So, for the first name we've selected Eli; however, we're stuck on a middle name. I've set up a poll just to see which name most people like. Not that I'm going to go with the winner or anything, I just want to see what the majority of my readers think. Go vote and if you have any middle name suggestions to go with Eli post a comment and let me know. I am looking for a one or two syllable name if you are interested in helping. Thanks a lot!

4 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Hi...welp you are stealing our FUTURE boys name ;). Carl and I agreed upon the name Baylee long before we found out she was in fact a girl. It took us a VERY long time to come up with a boys name. I have always loved the name Eli and in fact it is my daddy's middle name..Gregory Eli Randall. So he if we do have a boy next go round he will be named Eli Mason. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Amanda...is there any way I can leave a write-in vote for my favorite name: Mephibosheth. I think Eli Mephibosheth Wilson really rolls off the tongue!!

Anonymous said...

I like the name Eli Joshua Wilson... I am kind of fond of the name Joshua. Whatever you name that baby it will be perfect! But hurry up so we can get some stuff monogrammed. JK
LOVE DIANE

theglenns556 said...

I just looked at your site meter. You have an average of 30 hits per day and have already had 81 for today. HA! It's amazing what a little chain email can do for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...