Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An Unexpected Surprise

I have a job this summer working at a local children's store called The Picket Fence. It's a precious store! They have so many cute baby and toddler clothes. If I had lots and lots of money, I would get all of my clothes here. During the summer my teacher friend, Torri, who is also the owner of this store, uses part of her store as a Learning Center. She and I tutor kids in kindergarten and first grade in reading for four weeks during the summer. It's a fabulous job. I love working with the kids in such a relaxed environment; plus, we can do things that we normally wouldn't do during the school year. The other day Torri came in and said, "I've been thinking..." She then proceeded to tell me that she was in the middle of a major mission to clean out all of her daughter's old baby things. Well, one of the items that she is thinking of cleaning out is a baby crib. Do you see where this is going, yet?

She asked if Josh and I would want to use her daughter's old baby crib for Eli. Talk about an unexpected surprise! I was too shocked for words. She showed me a picture of it and it looked precious but I wanted to see it in person. The wood is a dark finish just like I was looking for and it's a standard crib--not a grow-with-me or convertible crib like so many are these days. She said we could use it for as long as we needed it. She wants it back when we're finished just in case she ever has grandkids.

I went over to her house today and took some pictures of it. Josh and I both agree that for the price (FREE!!) we could not do any better. This is going to be a HUGE savings for us. Now all we have to get is a changing table, dresser, and some shelves and Eli's room, as far as furniture, will be complete. We are so thankful for this unexpected gift! Thank you, Torri, so much!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How pretty...I love it and how sweet of Tori to think of you! I can just see Eli sweetly sleeping in it...can't wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...