Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Baby Is a...

Okay, folks the poll has been closed. Why? Because we found out today that we are having a...well, you didn't think I'd tell you that soon, did you? I've got to set up the whole story. Today Josh and I went for our 19 week check up at the doctor. I was excited and nervous, but strangely calm--talk about a paradox! We had tried at our 15 week visit to see what we were having, but our baby was being extremely modest and wouldn't show the goods :) Today the baby didn't have that problem! All along I had thought that I was going to have a boy, but I secretly kind of wanted a girl. Josh has wanted a boy from the beginning, which is typical of most men, I think. They want someone that can carry on the family name, someone that they can relate to, someone that they can discipline a little easier, and in my Josh's case, someone that won't wrap him around their little finger. He didn't want to get soft! J.J., our ultrasound tech, came in and asked us if we wanted to find out what we were having and we both said, "Oh, yes!" I'm such a planner. I have not bought anything for this child except one children's book because I didn't want to start buying until I found out what we were having. Well, look out EBAY, Carter's, and Target because here I come. Josh and I found out that...


That's right people! We're having a little baby BOY!! Josh was so excited when the ultrasound tech told us. He could not get the smile off his face! I'm so happy for him and for us!! Now I can concentrate on a nursery, clothes, names, furniture, etc. since I know what it is now. When I got home from my appointment I called Nicki to come over and help paint my belly message and take pictures for me. Jonahbug came too and he contributed to my message by adding a tiny handprint to my tummy :) Just think...in no time at all my life is going to be full of cleaning up tiny handprints all over my house.




1 comment:

Audra Laney said...

I just reread this tonight and love it! Oh if we only knew then how great it is now! We had no clue...but we were still excited! So fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...