Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
~Clarence Budington Kelland

My Proud Soon-to-Be Daddy

Today was Father's Day; Josh's first as a soon-to-be Daddy. Words cannot describe how ready I am for him to be a Daddy. I know he is going to be a wonderful Daddy to our little boy. He is such an amazing husband and friend. I thank God every day for blessing me with a husband like him. If our little boy could grow up to be like his Daddy, I would be so proud. Josh is the best husband a girl could ever ask for and I know our little boy is going to think he's the best Daddy in the entire world. I can't wait to see Josh teaching our little boy to ride a bike, hit a baseball, catch a football and fish. I know he is a little apprehensive because he's never really been around babies (well, with the exception of Jonah), but I have a feeling that once the doctor places our son in his arms, everything is going to fall into place. He will step right into Daddy mode and never look back.

At church today, we celebrated all the fathers in the audience by having them stand. I teared up a little because I realized that next year, Josh is going to be standing with them. What a wonderful gift from God this baby is! I know I say this in about every blog I write, but I am amazed every day at God's love, mercy, and grace. He has poured out his blessings on our lives and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. I am so thankful that our son is going to grow up with a Daddy that loves God with all of his heart and seeks His will in his own life. Dan mentioned today that as a father you can't lead your children to God unless you know Him yourself. I'm so thankful that my son is going to have a Daddy that loves Jesus and includes Him in every part of his life. Not only is our son going to have his Daddy to look up to, but he's also going to be surrounded by so many wonderful men of God that are already in his little life. I am thankful that my baby is going to have a Granddad (Pop) that has been praying for him even before he was conceived. My dad is my hero. I feel so blessed to have grown up with him as my Dad. He not only taught me about Jesus and how to live for him, but he showed me every day with his life. My dad is such a wonderful man of God. He's going to be a great Pop to his grandson. Now all we have to do is wait for our precious little boy to get here! Happy Father's Day to all dads and dads-to-be! May God bless your lives immensely!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...