Tuesday, September 9, 2008

32 Weeks

I feel like singing the song "Final Countdown" from Rocky; those of you that are avid Rocky fans know the song I'm talking about. We're getting closer and closer to D-Day (delivery day!) Little Eli is growing bigger and bigger and I'm starting to notice. His kicks, especially the ones in my side, are getting stronger and harder each day. Some of them really take my breath away!

We had a week off from school because of Hurricane Gustav, but are back into our normal routine now. My kids at school are doing better and better each day. I think teachers get amnesia year after year. We forget how hard it is to "train" our students at the beginning of each year because we are still in end of the year mode when we start school in August. We're so used to working with first graders that already know how to find page number 16, open a folder, walk in a line, tear out a workbook page, write on small lines, etc., that we forget how much training and practice went into making them so independent. My new group of first graders have already made a lot of progress since the beginning of the year and we're only on week four of school. I can't wait to see how much they will grow and change-not only in appearance but in ability-by the end of the school year. I'm doing great at school as far as the work load goes. I was worried that being on the go so much would make me really tired, but so far I'm doing fine. I'm tired when school gets out, but seriously, what teacher isn't? I try to sit down whenever I can so my feet can rest, usually during our reading center time and our shared literature time. I have a feeling I may be sitting down a little more by the end of this month.

Here are the 32 week belly shot pictures. I can't wait to print all these pictures out and put them in a scrapbook. It's fun to go back to when I first found out I was pregnant and to look at my stomach then and now. WOW! Talk about some serious skin stretching! There are days I think my skin couldn't possibly stretch anymore, but I guess it'll do what it has to do to accommodate my growing boy.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...