Wednesday, September 17, 2008

33 weeks

The weeks are flying by and my little boy is going to be here before I know it. House renovations are still going on, so Josh and I are now staying at the Palm Street Bed and Breakfast; otherwise known as his mother's house. She's been gracious enough to let us live with her for a week and a half while our house is being painted. I talked to the painter yesterday and she thinks she should be finished with everything by the early part of next week. I hope so! I'm ready for my life to return to some state of normalcy before Eli comes. I have my first shower this weekend in back home, so the baby gear is going to start piling up and I'm going to need a place to store it. I don't want to put it in his room until all the work has been completed. Please pray that she can finish by next week!

Other than being displaced from our home at the moment, life is still pretty much the same. My kiddos at school are doing great. I'm starting to learn their little personalities and get to know them better. I've got some really great kids this year and I'm going to miss them while I'm on maternity leave. It's weird to think that in less than 7 weeks I'm going to leave them. I know they'll be fine, but I'm going to miss their little jokes, smiles, and funny comments. In fact, I had one of my students, Noah, come up to me today and tell me, "Mrs. Wilson, I'm the best Noah in the whole entire world!" LOL! How funny is that? I love hearing those kinds of things come out of their mouths. They're so funny and will say just about anything. Noah also always leaves my classroom everyday by giving me a hug and patting my stomach and saying, "Bye, baby!" He's so precious! Today during one of my reading groups, Eli got the hiccoughs. All my students are so interested in hearing about Eli move and they always ask me if he's moving, so I decided to let them feel it for themselves. I let them gently place their hand on my belly and it was the coolest thing...their eyes got so big and wide when they felt him move! It was so much fun to share that experience with them!

I went to see Dr. Daigle today for my next to last 2 week visit. How crazy is that? She said that the next time I come they are going to start checking me to see if I'm dilating. It's hard to believe that I'm that close to the end! She said everything looked and sounded great. Eli's heartbeat was in the 130's and 140's and he was moving around alot. In fact when I leaned back for her to measure my stomach, you could see his little hiney perfectly as a little bulge on my left side. Dr. Daigle saw it and laughed. Once again, I'm so thankful that this pregnancy has been so wonderful. I have loved and enjoyed every single minute of it.

Here are the 33 week belly shots. My aide, Sondra, comments every day how she thinks I've grown overnight. I'm starting to believe her!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...