Friday, September 5, 2008

Dr. Seuss Baby Painting

Crystal, a childhood friend of mine, just had a little baby boy this past week in Baton Rouge. The baby was due Sept. 2nd (right in the middle of Hurricane Gustav!) but he decided to wait until Gustav had passed before making his arrival. Anyway, I wanted to paint her something to use in the nursery. She let me know that they decorated the nursery in an animal theme with a Dr. Seuss reading corner. That became the inspiration for my painting. I hope she likes how it turned out. I had a lot of fun painting it and it only took a few hours, which gave me something to do today since we were out of school again. No worries...we go back on Monday.


Stage 1-Border


Stage 2-Characters (Horton, the fish from The Cat in the Hat, and The Cat in the Hat)


Stage 3-Bible Verse

*This is the finished product*

2 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

You are very talented! When we get moved into our new house in December I may contact you about making something for Baylee's new room when I decide what the theme will be. I will of course pay you to do it, if you have time with baby Eli being here ;)

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I don't know what else to say!! You need to do some more to sale!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...