Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shreveport Family Baby Shower



My childhood best friend, Katie, flew in all the way from Seattle, Washington for a joint visit with her parents and to come to my baby shower. I was so excited to see her! I have not seen her since the year after we graduated from high school, so this was a special treat! Katie is a genius in mathematics and is working on her Ph.D, but does photography on the side. Last week, she emailed and asked if I would be interested in a baby belly photo shoot. I didn't have to think twice! Yes! After the shower, we all loaded up and went to her parent's house for our photo shoot. The pictures came out really well. I can't wait to see them all! I'll post them as soon as I get them, don't worry! This was such a special gift for me. I am so glad we were able to do it! Luckily for us, Katie loves taking photographs and I love having my picture taken, so we were the perfect pair for a photo session. Thanks, Katie, for all you did! You gave me something I'll remember for the rest of my life!

Mom, being the hands-on Grammy-to-be that she is, was in charge of ordering my cake for the shower. Mom wanted something that fit into the color scheme of my nursery and that also looked cutesy. She found a picture of this cake that she liked, but it was all pink. She grabbed a sample piece of ribbon we used for Eli's wall hangings and took it to the cake lady to see what she could do. I think it turned out so cute! I loved it! My favorite part was the Whoppers they put all around the edges. Whoppers are one of my favorite kinds of candy. Yummy! Everyone oohed and ahhed over the cake. It was a definite hit among all the shower goers.


I received a lot of wonderful gifts. This post would go on forever if I showed every single picture that was taken, but here are some highlights from the shower. Thank you everyone for all you did for me. This is such a special time in my life and I am so glad that I can share it with those I love.

Me and Mom

Me and Chelsea (my brother, Caleb's, girlfriend)

Me, Mom, and Grandma

My cousin, Holly, and her little boy, Hayden

Me and Holly
(Funny story: My first word wasn't "Ma-Ma" or "Da-Da", 
it was "Ha-ee" for Holly. She was my favorite!)

Eli's Baby Einstein activity mat

Eli's Frog Pod for the bathtub

The Diaper Cake full of goodies

Mom helping me unwrap a gift


Delena, Aunt Paula, me, Jo, and Julie

Thanks for hosting this shower for me. I had such a great time! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome shower!!! And look at that cake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...