Sunday, September 28, 2008

Eli's First LSU Game

Friday afternoon Josh came home and let me know that he had been given tickets to the LSU/MSU football game in Baton Rouge for Saturday. We had actually received tickets two times before this, but because of weather and illnesses we had not been able to go. I really wanted to go this time because I knew this would be our only chance this year before Eli gets here. I had a workshop until 3:30 and Josh had to work the Jim Bowie festival, but once both of those events were over, Josh and I and Jon and Debbie Betts loaded up and made our way to Baton Rouge. We made great time, but once we got close to the stadium the traffic started to move along at a snail's pace. Finally, after about an hour of waiting in traffic to park and walking to the stadium we made it! Josh had gone to LSU's website to find out what color everyone was going to be wearing for this game and we rushed to Hometown Sports and bought LSU t-shirts. Unfortunately, they didn't have very many in gold that I liked, so Josh and I bought matching t-shirts. Yes, go ahead and say it...We're GOOBERS! :)  That's okay. I liked our shirts and made sure to get a picture of us in them before we went into the stadium. 

The game was so much fun. I couldn't believe all the people there! It was amazing. I love football, but I have to say my favorite part was the game food. Back when Josh and I lived in Pineville, he always had to attend athletic events because he was Director of Student Activities. A lot of nights he wouldn't get home until very late, so if I wanted to see him, I had to go to the event. It just so happened that at every athletic event there were nachos, so they became my food of choice for games. That hasn't changed! Before halftime, I got my game nachos and was very happy. Dessert came later in the fourth quarter in the form of Dippin' Dots. YUM YUM! 

I think Eli enjoyed every minute of our LSU experience because he moved around the entire time. He's going to be a little Tiger fan for sure! It was such a great night! I'm so glad we were able to go :)

Eli watching his first LSU game. 
(The shadow looks like a creepy face on my belly, but it's just my camera.)

Jon and Debbie Betts. 
Mr. Jon is really an Arkansas fan, but he was a Tiger fan for this game! 

Josh and Jon

The LSU band at half-time. They were SO GOOD! All those formations were amazing!

 Go N-S-7!! Oh wait, that's upside down. GO LSU! Next time, we'll sit on the right side :)

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Not even a shout out to your favorite MSU fan who was devastated at the loss??? Poor Dan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...