Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Day of School

Yesterday was my last day of school until after Eli gets here. Originally when I started this year I thought that I would just teach until right before my due date and quit October 31st. After thinking about it, I realized that I wanted some time to just do what I wanted to do before Eli gets here. I want to make sure that all his stuff is ready, the bag is packed for the hospital, the house is clean, meals are cooked, and everything is ready. I plan to be in full nesting mode next week! Yesterday at school was kind of bittersweet. I was so excited that it was my last day, but I was sad to leave all my teacher friends and students. It's going to be weird not to see them for 3 months! Well, it won't really be 3 months. I'll be up there some between now and then to show off little Eli :) I think all my friends at school are just as excited about this baby as I am. It's been so wonderful to have all of their love and support.

I'm looking forward to next week so much. I have no immediate plans other than to get my home ready for baby. I do plan to take some of my birthday money and go get a pedicure and manicure. I want to have pretty toes and hands for when Eli arrives, plus it's SO relaxing! Josh and I all week have been trying to fathom the fact that in one week a baby is going to be in our house. WOW! I think it really just hit Josh. He's been so great throughout this entire pregnancy and I know he's going to be a wonderful dad. I can't wait to see the two of them together, playing, talking, running, laughing. It's going to be such a wonderful time in our lives.

I am so glad that I'm having this baby when I am because it is in the middle of my favorite season (fall), and also around the holiday season. I remember this summer I saw an old television Christmas show and it suddenly hit me that this year for Christmas I was going to have a baby with me. Plus, Eli is going to be here in time for Thanksgiving, too. When I do my ABC's of Thanksgiving this year, I know exactly what my "E" is going to be :) God has poured out his blessings on our family and we are so thankful. I can't wait for our little family to be complete! Only 9 days to go!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either! You and Josh are going to be wonderful parents...enjoy your week of nesting-
Zoozoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...