Thursday, October 2, 2008

35 Weeks

Life is finally being restored to its normal order. Last night Josh and I left the Palm Leaf B & B and returned to our long lost home. It was great! Vacations are nice, but when it's all said and done, nothing feels quite the same as your very own home. I came home yesterday afternoon and everything was a wreck inside my house. There were baby gifts scattered throughout all the rooms; pots, pans, dishes, and all other sorts of gadgets were still in the living room; dust was EVERYWHERE, and nothing was clean. Thankfully, my wonderful husband and mother-in-law decided to forego church--sorry, Dan-- and instead stay home and clean. What a relief! I would have been stressed out to the max, if I had been left on my own. It's not easy doing simple things like bending over, sitting, reaching, etc., anymore since I have this little boy inside me. I came home and I couldn't believe all that they had accomplished. My house looked and smelled so clean! I almost cried when I saw it! You're probably wanting to see pictures now that everything is completed, but I'm not quite ready to post just yet. I'll try to have the kitchen pictures up by next week and his nursery pictures are coming soon. My friend, Nicki, and I have already set aside a day next week to go through all his clothes and organize, organize, organize. She's an expert in that department! Once his nursery is complete-meaning I can walk right in and start using it-I'll post pictures. Sorry to keep you waiting a little longer, but you can do it!

On another note, today was the first of my weekly appointments with the doctor. Everything looks great. His heartbeat was still in the 140's and my measurements were right on target. Dr. Daigle said that I'm 1 cm dialated. I guess that's good considering I have 4 1/2 weeks left to go. WOW! When you say it like that, it doesn't seem long at all! I can't wait for my little blessing from heaven to arrive! This weekend, Josh and I are traveling to Shreveport for my church shower up there. I'm looking forward to seeing some people that I haven't seen in a long time. I know it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll post those pictures when I get back...probably before the kitchen ones! We have already received so many wonderful and incredible gifts. I am amazed at the generosity and kindness everyone has shown us. Thank you so much! We are blessed in more ways than we can count.
35 weeks pregnant



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...