Monday, November 2, 2009

Looking Back: Sixth Month

Eli's sixth month was the last month that he stayed at Mammy's. We all thought he would be crawling before he left her house for the summer, but he decided to spare her and continue to roll and try to crawl. We all knew it wouldn't be long though before he started getting really mobile!


Eli went to his first Relay for Life and posed with my school's team, who were pretending to be the cast from Gilligan's Island. That was a great night! It was so much fun to see our community come together to raise money for cancer awareness and research.


We cheered Mr. Cliff on as he walked his Survivor's Lap that night, too. We love you, Mr. Cliff!! Keep staying strong and fighting!


Eli kept practicing pushing up to get ready for crawling. He was delaying crawling until his arm muscles were in shape.


One of my most special memories from this month is that I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day. It was WONDERFUL! I had prayed for so long to be a Mommy and God answered my prayer!. It was such a great day for all of us!


Eli also had to go back to the doctor to get more shots. NOT FUN! We loved seeing Dr. R, but I think Eli probably wished she'd just keep her shots to herself.


Eli also got a special visit from his Grandpa E. Grandpa E lives in Texas and travels a lot so he hadn't gotten to see Eli in person since he was born. It was so much fun to watch these two play with each other and spend time with each other. Eli has all the grandparents wrapped around his little fingers :)


We visited our good friends, the Hargon's, again. Eli and Hannah had lots of fun playing together that night. Her Mommy even stuck a bow in Eli's hair, but I didn't think he'd appreciate me posting that picture again :)


Later that month, Josh and I traveled to Canton, MS, to see my cousin, C.J. get married. All my family from North Carolina drove in for the wedding and they were so excited about finally getting to meet him.


The months kept flying by and Josh and I somehow managed to keep up. We couldn't believe that our little baby boy was growing up so quickly right in front of our very eyes! It was so much fun to see and watch all the new things he learned to do each month!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...