Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

For Thanksgiving this year we went to my Mom and Dad's house. Eli and I both were off the week of Thanksgiving, so we enjoyed resting, doing some Christmas shopping, putting up Christmas decorations in the house, and having fun knowing we didn't have anything we HAD to do. My only plan in the days leading up to Thanksgiving was to have my house decorated for Christmas before we left and I accomplished that. (I'll be posting pics soon of my house decorated for Christmas).

We left for my parents' house Wednesday after Josh got off work and got there late Wednesday night. I love being in a house surrounded by lots of family during the holidays and this year we had just that! Josh, Andrea, Tinsley, my Uncle David and cousin, Emily all came in for the holiday. It was great seeing everyone and getting to spend time with them. Uncle David and Emily had to leave to go back early Thursday morning because he had to work, but it was still great seeing them. The rest of us stayed through the weekend and had so much fun being together. 

Eli played Toy Story on the PlayStation3 with anyone who was willing to play with him. He loves it so much and is really, really good at it. Josh played with him a couple of times and Eli actually had to help him do several things while they were playing. While we're impressed with our son's hand-eye coordination when it comes to video games, we are DEFINITELY NOT getting him one. He obsesses over it way too much when we're visiting my parents, so it's not something we want to put in our house. That's a battle I'm just not going to fight. That can just be something he gets to play at Grammy and Pop's house :)

I got to love on sweet, little Tinsley for several days and I was in baby heaven. She's such a good baby! I was so happy to get to spend some time with her. Eli even showed more interest in her this trip than he has before. I think once she can walk and talk he'll like her even more. Josh and I actually got to go on not one, but TWO dates while we were at my parents house. Woo Hoo! Thanksgiving night we went to the movies with Josh and Andrea to see Argo. I really liked that movie! Then Friday night Josh and I enjoyed a nice dinner and then went to see Flight. I don't recommend that one at all. It wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be. Several people around us fell asleep during that movie! 

Saturday our family loaded up to head back home. We wanted a day in our regular routine to help get Eli back on schedule before he went back to school on Monday. We had a wonderful time with my family! I can't wait to see them again.

I'll end this blog post with some of the pictures we took Thanksgiving day. I am so grateful for all the many blessings God has given to me especially the ones I get to love on each and every day!




Eli and Tinsley


Andrea and Tinsley





Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...