Saturday, June 15, 2013

Totally WICKED!

As soon as I got back home from my girls trip, I had to turn around and leave again for my next trip. Back during Christmas, Josh and I gave my mom two tickets to see the Broadway play, WICKED, when it came to New Orleans this summer. My dad had already decided that he didn't want to go, so that meant I got to go in his place instead! Woo Hoo!

I had one night home with my boys and then the next morning Eli and I loaded up and headed to see my parents. I dropped Eli off with my Dad and then Mom and I drove the rest of the way to the theater. We met my brother, Kailey, her parents, and several of my teacher friends from school at the theater. We were all so excited to see the play.

I saw WICKED in New York when Josh and I went three years ago, but this was my mom's first time to see it. Even though I had seen it before, I still LOVED every single moment of the play. It's just a fabulous, perfect production. My mom loved it so much and we both left wishing that we could see it again. Maybe one day we can take a girls trip to New York!?! What do you think, Mom???



While we were away, Eli and my dad did their favorite activity...play the Toy Story game. My kid has some serious gaming skills, but has quite the addictive personality, so we'll probably never have a gaming system at our house. If for some reason we ever do get one, I can already foresee having to create some sort of ticket system in order to limit his time on that thing!


 Later that night when Mom and I got home from the play, Dad grilled some chicken and we all spent some time hanging out together in the backyard playing. It was a fun-filled day and I'm so glad I got to spend it with my family!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...