Friday, April 25, 2014

Eli's PreK-4 Easter Egg Hunt

The Thursday before school got out for Easter break, Eli's class had their annual Easter egg hunt. I had to work that day, but I was able to sneak away for a couple of hours to go watch Eli and his friends hunt for eggs. I couldn't leave work until 10:30 that day so I was a little late getting to the house where they were hunting eggs. I got there right after they snapped the group picture of both of the PreK-4 classes. Eli was so excited to see me (always makes me so happy as a Mommy when I hear that). Then he told me that I had gotten there at the "puh-fect" (still working on those r's in speech..haha) time because they were just walking down to go hunt for all the Easter eggs. I snapped a quick picture of him and one of his best friends, Charlie, and then they took off!






People tell me all the time that Eli has such a sweet, giving heart towards other children. That always makes me so proud as a Mommy. I love that he is always thinking of others and how he can help them. During the Easter egg hunt, I got to witness this firsthand. Eli found a golden egg and he was so excited. Then he found another one right after finding the first one. Instead of putting it in his basket and searching for more, he immediately said, "I've got to go give this golden egg to Logan because he doesn't have one." He went and found his best friend and gave him his second golden egg. Sweet boys!


After all the eggs had been found, I took a few pictures of Eli with all his school friends. These kids are all so super sweet! 



I was trying to get a picture of me and Eli by the pretty azaleas when one of his classmates came up to me and got in our picture. He started cheesing at the camera and then looked at me and said, "On the count of three, say Cowabunga!" I cracked up laughing! So this is our picture with Michael and we're saying "Cowabunga!" 


All the kids went to the front porch and ate a quick lunch together. I was able to get another picture of Eli with his two best friends, Hannah and Logan. Makes my heart smile when I see these precious kiddos. 


Of course, Diane and I had to get one of us with our sweeties too. 




It was such a fun Easter egg hunt. The weather was beautiful, the house was gorgeous, and the kids had a blast! All in all, it was a perfect day :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...