Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer Fun Week Seven-Building Projects

When the first week of July rolled around we'd already made a lot of progress on our Summer Fun List, but we still had a lot of stuff left to do. One of those items was "Build Something Fun". This was the week we started that. Eli had a project and so did I :)

Sanding his "Build Something Fun" project. He loved using the power tools!

Staining

Standing next to his completed project...outdoor Jenga! 
It's a lot of fun!

My project was to build a planter that I could have on my patio for my herbs. I looked on Pinterest for some inspiration but in the end Josh and I built one that suited our needs. I was so pleased with how it turned out! The smartest decision we made was putting wheels on the bottom of it so I can move it around if I need to. So far the the herbs are doing great. I have basil, parsley, rosemary, and oregano in there. We also bought a small jalapeƱo plant and a small sweet pepper plant and put those in there as well. I left the mint in a container on its own because I read that they're very invasive. Hopefully, my herbs will make it through our Louisiana summer! 



Those were the two major things we worked on this week, but here are some pictures of what we were up to when we finished our projects :)

Our garden is making so many bell peppers that Josh and I decided to make our own seasoning blend. 
I'm growing onions but they're not ready yet so I bought some onions and celery at the grocery store and we got to chopping and dicing. It was a lot of work, but I shouldn't have to buy seasoning blend at all this winter!

Pool time with Barkley

We went to the Farmer's Market and they had Italian ice there for the kids.

Silly glasses for a silly kid!

Candyland with this cutie. 

Time for a haircut! My shaggy headed little boy needed a trim.

So handsome!

At the end of the week, we left to go back to Grammy and Pop's house because Jameson's birthday party was Saturday :) His first year went by so fast and we couldn't wait to celebrate him turning one! Friday night we needed to do some last minute shopping for Jameson so we went to Jason's Deli first for some supper and dessert. The next day was going to be lots of fun!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...