Saturday, November 1, 2008

39 weeks and still hanging in there....

Well, for those of you that voted that this baby would be born before November 3rd, I'm sorry to inform you that I think you're going to lose. Unless, he comes sometime today or tomorrow, it looks like Mr. Eli Daniel Wilson is going to be a late baby. Josh and I go back to the doctor Monday, my due date, to see if I've made any more progress. I really, really hope I have! I'm starting to get very impatient, not that I'm miserable or anything. In fact, I feel great. I have a little bit of pressure and pain every now and then, but that's it; it's life like normal other than those few times. I am having those practice contractions more frequently now, but even those are bearable. I'm not tired of being pregnant (you probably never thought you'd hear a pregnant woman say that!) I'm just ready to meet my little boy!!! I guess I created too snug of an environment for him because he seems very happy and content. He's still moving all the time-not so much kicking, just rolling and squirming around. It's fun to watch. He's gotten so long that you can see his foot roll across my belly as he changes position a lot of times. Pretty soon he's going to outgrow his little home and he's going to have to come out...whether he wants to or not! I'm ready to see him!

This past week was my first week of official maternity leave from work and I had a wonderful time! It was so nice to be able to wake up and know that I had nothing pressing to do every day. I could eat breakfast and get ready at my leisure and then plan the rest of my day according to what I wanted to do. I thought that Eli might be here by now, so the first thing I did was get a pedicure. It felt so nice to be pampered! A few days ago though, I told Nicki that I might have to go get another one since Eli has decided to delay his coming by a few days. I want to have pretty feet in the hospital! This entire week was supposed to be devoted to "nesting" but I seemed to finish everything by Monday afternoon. His nursery is ready, bags are packed, the car seat is installed, every baby thing is assembled with batteries installed, ALL of his clothes are washed from newborn to 12 months, my house is spotless, and I have several nights worth of meals prepared and frozen in the freezer. I guess I'm TOO ready and he knows it!

Next week begins Josh's paternity leave from work-baby or no baby. He's decided to take 3 weeks off from work to spend with Eli and me. I am looking forward to having him around so much! I can't wait for the bonding time between all three of us. It's going to be so much fun! Like I said earlier, we'll go back to the doctor Monday for my next visit and I guess we'll know more then. Keep saying those prayers that Eli and his Mommy and Daddy will have a safe and happy delivery! We can't wait to meet our little baby boy! For now I'll leave you with my 39 weeks belly shots. I'm going to pop soon!


I'm starting to outgrow my maternity shirts! Eek!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...