Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Day Home (Just the Three of Us)

Sunday afternoon, all our family members from out of town left and it was just us. We were sad to see all of them go, but we were excited to settle into our roles as parents. Monday morning Josh and I woke up a little more tired than usual-getting up every 2-3 hours is going to take some getting used to for both of us. Eli had a pretty good night though. After his morning feeding, he went down for a nap and Josh and I got to work. Since I am breastfeeding, it's pretty much me when it's comes to giving our little guy food. But since I'm a sharing type of person, I want to give Josh a chance to participate in some of those middle of the night feedings. So Monday morning Josh got to work sterilizing bottles-something he probably never saw himself doing.

Once Eli woke up, we called Josh's grandmother, Mamaw Chandler, because we noticed that our son needed a sponge bath, especially his hair! That's one of the negatives of coming out with a head full of hair..everybody wants to run their fingers through it! Josh's grandmother LOVES bathing little babies and since this was our first time to give a baby a bath, we wanted a veteran to show us the ropes. I must say Eli wasn't too happy about being stripped down naked, but he LOVED getting his hair washed. He closed his eyes and leaned all the way back, enjoying every minute of it. When he was all finished, we wrapped him up warm and tight and our little guy went right to sleep. Also notice that his hair is definitely curly when its wet, but once it dries there is just the slightest bit of a wave to it. I think that may be one thing I contributed to the making of our son. So far, Josh has all his other features!

Later that afternoon, Nicky came by to spend some time with Eli. She had not seen him since he was born, so she was ready for her chance to love on him. She knew that we had a lot of family in from out of town and wanted to give them their time with Eli before she came. Eli was wide awake when she came. He loved staring at her and listening to her talk to him.

After Nicky left, a few of the ladies from Josh's work stopped by to see Eli and to drop off the biggest diaper cake I have ever seen. They said they used about 9 packages of diapers to make it! WOW! What a blessing! Josh and I have already seen just how many of those things we're going to be using now that Eli's here. He can go through some diapers!

4 comments:

Denise Darnell Davis said...

I can't believe how much hair he has!! I can't wait to see him! Makes me anxious to see our little girl now reading all of the Eli stories!!

Anonymous said...

How cute! The changing table pic with him looking around and the bath pictures are great. He is just such a precious baby!

Torri said...

Oh, Amanda & Josh...what a perfect little baby! I have enjoyed reading your blog so much. I had to get the kleenex! You are such a precious little family, the pictures touched my heart. Eli is a very blessed little boy to have parents like you guys. I can't wait to see him. He is so alert. Those little eyes are wide open in most of the pics. WOW....you guys are "Mommy" & "Daddy" now. Enjoy each and every minute. These will prove to be some of the most precious days of your life. Our babies grow up so fast. Hang on tight!!! See you soon...Take care of each other.....

Unknown said...

How are the new parents??? I felt like a walking zombie for the first month, but the girls are sleeping through the night now, so there's hope!! :)
I'm so glad you're breastfeeding!! I pumped for the first three months, had mastitis twice, and lost 200 oz. of frozen breast milk in the hurricane, but I'm still doing it, and it's the greatest thing ever for the girls. His skin will glow, and he will be the happiest baby ever.
Enjoy every moment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...