Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sweet Mommy Poem


I'm the person I've always been,
but things have changed somehow.
Suddenly I'm not just me...
I'm your Mommy now.

I'm your Mommy now.
I'll take care of you.
I'll do everything a Mommy needs to do.
I'll hold you and feed you and kiss you good night.
I'll wake when you wake in the first morning light.

I'm your Mommy now.
Can't believe it's so.
I'll do all I can to help you as you grow.
I'll share all your dreams, I'll share all your fears,
I'll smile when you smile and catch all your tears.

I'm your Mommy now.
That's what I want to be.
Together you and I...
will be a family

(taken from Sesame Street)

2 comments:

Jami Ainsworth said...

I love this. Just precious. I am assuming that you wrote this since his birth. Isn't it amazing how your whole world changes the first time you lay eyes on your newborn child.

Cheryl said...

that's such a sweet poem! who knew sesame street could be so sentimental? i might have to steal it from you and put it in Brody's baby book.... =) you have such a beautiful family and it's so terrific that everything is going so well for you guys! keep enjoying every minute!!! =)

oh, and take lots of pictures because they really DO change so quickly....Brody is already a different baby in just 7 weeks. there are some things already that i wish i had captured on camera when he was Eli's age and i take TONS of pictures as it is! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...