Thursday, June 2, 2011

Golfing with Daddy

Eli loves all things golf. He watches golf, plays golf outside, practices golf inside. Golf is definitely his sport of choice! The other day Eli and I went with Josh after work to play a quick nine holes. I'm glad we went when we did because I can't imagine golfing during the middle of the day! It's so unbelievably hot already and it's only the beginning of June!

My two cute golfers :)

Eli doing his practice swing before teeing off.

Even though it was close to dusk it was still pretty hot. I made Eli sit with me in the cart as much as I could to keep him from getting too hot. His little cheeks get so red though even when it's just a little warm. He looks really tired and hot in this next picture, but you wouldn't have thought that if you'd seen him on the course this day!


Eli and I stayed in the cart while Josh teed off each hole and would always get out when he made it to the green. Eli was great at grabbing the flag out of the hole so his Daddy's golf ball would roll in when he putted it.


We got to hole #7 and had to take a water break. It was just TOO hot! Eli knew exactly what to do...


We even convinced Daddy that he needed to hydrate too.


Our excitement of the night came when Eli jumped in the cart and accidentally pushed the pedal too far down and we took off at high speed. I was in the cart when it happened, but I was sitting on the passenger side and couldn't reach the brake immediately because I had a death-grip on Eli (no seatbelts on golf carts, you know). I managed to keep one hand on Eli, one hand on the steering wheel, and eventually scooted my way over to the brake to stop us. Whew! As Eli would say, "Whew, Momma. That was a close one!" Josh had to run to catch up to us for the next hole, but thankfully no one was hurt!

All in all, it was a great night on the golf course. I loved spending it with my two favorite boys!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how well Eli hits the ball! He is the best two year old golfer I've ever seen...good job Eli and daddy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...