Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Father's Day 2011

On Father's Day, Eli woke up ready to give Josh all the surprises he'd made for him. He was so excited the night before when we secretly went into his room and made his Daddy all kinds of surprises. He kept wanting to go out and tell Josh, "Happy Daddy's Day!", but I told him we had to wait until the next morning. Sunday morning that's the first thing Josh heard from his sweet little boy. 

This year for Father's Day we gave Josh a poem with Eli's footprints next to it. I loved the poem when I read it and it's so true. Eli is watching his Daddy every day and wants to be just like him. Eli is following in his footsteps and is watching everything Josh does. I'm so thankful that Eli has such a wonderful example :) 



Eli also painted Josh two one-of-a-kind masterpieces. He said they were pictures of airplanes. I love his imagination these days!



I scoured the web and found several cute Father's Day printables that I could use on treats that Josh likes.
I found this one from The Idea Room. She always has really cute ideas!



Then we gave Josh a bag of golf tees with this printable attached. I found this one over at Tatertots and Jello.


The last treat was a case of Diet A&W Cream Soda drinks. I had to find something A&W Josh would drink so I could use this really cute printable. I found this printable here.




Josh loved all his surprises and treats from his little boy. I know he feels like I do on Mother's Day. We are both so incredibly blessed to be parents to this sweet little boy who lights up our lives every day of the year. To celebrate Father's Day, after church and after Eli's nap, we all went out to the golf course. Josh and Eli had a blast playing together and I had lots of fun watching my two boys enjoy being together. It was a wonderful day celebrating Josh as a Daddy!


With it being a post about Father's Day I can't end it until I say "Happy Father's Day" to my dad. He is one of the best men I know. He is kind, generous, humble, selfless, silly, and so much more. He puts others needs before his own, he loves God with all of his heart and it shows in his daily life, he prays for his family daily, and he makes me laugh. I am so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful, godly father and I'm so thankful that Eli has a grandfather just like him :) Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...