Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy 32nd Birthday, Josh!

The night before Josh's birthday, Eli and I baked him a birthday cake. Eli loves to help me in the kitchen. (training him for his future wife...she'll thank me one day!) We picked out a strawberry cake with strawberry icing...one of Josh's favorite cakes. 


Eli's favorite part is mixing all the ingredients. He's gotten very good at using the hand mixer.



Icing the cake was pretty fun, too, especially since Eli snuck little tastes every now and then. I guess he was tasting it to make sure it was alright for his Daddy to eat :)


The next picture is blurry, but I had to include it. Eli loved giving his Daddy his birthday cake and Daddy loved it too!


The next night (Josh's actual birthday), Zue-Zue took us all out to eat at one of the restaurants on the lake. It was such a special night getting to celebrate one of the best men I've ever known :) 

Seeing these two together makes my heart nearly burst!



Josh and his mom

Me and my love :)

When it came time to give Josh his gift, Eli was all about helping. We didn't get anything big for Josh because he's planning on getting something for his future man cave/golf room in the new house, but we did get him a shirt he can wear when he golfs.


Josh reading his birthday letter from Eli and me in his book. I bought one of these books for each of us and instead of spending money on cards for each holiday, birthday, or special occasion, we write in our books to each other. I think it's going to be fun to look back at all the messages over the years.


Josh and I don't eat much candy, but our one vice is peanut butter M&M's. I bought him a little box and Eli promptly took it from him. Looks like those are his favorites too :)


After we ate we walked around outside for a little while before heading home. I tried to get some pictures of Eli in front of the lake but he was very distracted by tall the scenery.


Eli and Zue-Zue

We enjoyed our night celebrating Josh's birthday. I'm so thankful and blessed to have him in my life! Happy Birthday, sweetie! I love you!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...