Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mardi Gras Parade at School

After Eli's well visit, we went to his school because it was the day of their Mardi Gras parade. Normally our schools have similar breaks, but occasionally I'll be out and he won't. This was one of those times. I'm thankful too because on these days I get to be a "Room Mom" and I love it! 

We walked in the gymnasium and Eli immediately went to find Hannah to sit by her. Those two love each other so much. I'm so thankful for their friendship and for the friendship Josh and I have with Josh and Diane (Hannah's parents). Hannah and Eli have actually been talking about getting married when they're older and it's the cutest thing to hear. Hannah asked Eli to marry her the other day and Eli told her that he had to grow up first but when he got big he would! They make me laugh! Diane and I keep telling them that they're just going to be really good friends for a long time. We'll talk about marriage in 20 years :)


Because February was one of the wettest months ever in our area, the Mardi Gras parade had to be moved inside. It was CRAZY! The older elementary students kept circling the gym until all their beads, candy, and cups were gone. The younger elementary students racked up and got so many fun treats! Diane couldn't make it to the parade so I made sure to take a picture of Hannah to send to her. 


These two had such fun at the parade!



It was a great Mardi Gras parade! My little reveler got lots of beads, but he actually couldn't wait to take them off his neck. They were driving him crazy! I'm glad I got to spend the day with my little man and have fun with him at school! Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...