Thursday, March 14, 2013

Oobleck

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss' birthday and since I'm a teacher, that's definitely something we're going to celebrate! Friday, March 1st, I did some fun activities with my kiddos at school to celebrate his birthday. All my kids love reading his books, especially "The Lorax", so we all had fun discussing which book was our favorite. We also wore "Cat in the Hat" hats to lunch that day! 

Saturday, March 2nd, Eli and I had lots of fun celebrating. We made Oobleck! I looked for Dr. Seuss' book, "Oobleck" on the Storia app, but couldn't find it. I didn't want that to ruin our fun, so we went ahead and made the Oobleck without reading the book. Eli LOVED it! At first, he was a little timid about putting his hands in there and getting messy, but then I dove in and started playing with it and that really sold him. I guess he figured since Mommy was getting really messy, it was okay if he did, too! 

I've never done this activity with my kids at school, but I've seen it "pinned" on Pinterest so many times by teachers who are using it to show states of matter. Eli and I had lots of fun exploring how this concoction would go from a solid to a liquid in the blink of an eye. As you can see from the pictures, we had lots of fun with this ooey, gooey mess!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...