Wednesday, July 7, 2010

20 Months Old

It's sad to think that right now I'm googling second birthday party ideas and scouring hundreds of pictures of cakes, decorations, and invitations. Where did this past year go? Didn't you just turn 1? It's so hard for your Daddy and me to believe that you are going to be 2 years old in just a few short months. I thought the first year went by fast, but it's no comparison to this second year.

Sweet boy, you are growing and learning so much. I love being your Mommy! It is a job that isn't easy, but it's the most rewarding job I've ever had. I have thoroughly enjoyed these two months home with you. I wouldn't trade my job for all the money in the world. I am so thankful that I have two solid months to play with you, take you places, and love on you. It's been the best summer ever! I know the next few months are going to get so busy for me with school starting, planning your second birthday party, and then getting ready for the holiday season, so I want to soak up as much time with you as I can.

Here is how you have grown and changed over the past month:

Physically: You still weigh around 25 lbs and are about 33 1/2 inches tall. I worry most days that you aren't getting enough to eat or drink because eating requires you to sit still and you don't do much of that these days, but you are happy and healthy so I try not to worry too much. I rely on Dr. R's advice and trust that within a week you get everything your little body needs. (It's not for lack of trying on my part, I assure you!) You love to run everywhere, climb all the furniture, jump off things, scoot around on your Wheely Bug, and jump on your bed. We have found you in some pretty precarious spots lately, so your Daddy and I have to stay on our toes and watch you like hawks. You are a sports fanatic and love playing golf, baseball, basketball, and football. You hit like a champ off your Little Tikes baseball tee already and you are still a switch hitter, but you seem to favor left handed. Grammy and E are going to be so excited if that turns out to be true!

Verbally: You understand normal conversation and pick up on SO MUCH! You are a little mockingbird and repeat everything we say. Your favorite words by far are "Mone, Mama/Dada!" and "Get up/down, Mama/Dada!" You say these two phrases about one hundred times a day. You now can sing the last word to every verse in "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." You also love singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Jesus Loves Me." It's so sweet to hear your little voice singing. You count to three. This is an improvement because just a week ago you counted like this, "Two, two, two." You can also spell your name now :) Anytime you pick up a crayon you immediately say, "E..." and try to write your name like Mommy always does.

Your eating and sleeping habits remain the same. One day you are a great eater and the next you will only eat goldfish. One night you'll sleep all night in your crib and the next you wake up three times. Your Daddy and I have learned to just roll with the punches :)

Playing: You love Mickey Mouse right now. You wake up in the morning and when we walk into the living room the first thing you usually say is, "Mi-mey?" (Mickey) Your Daddy and I limit how much "Mi-mey" you watch because we think you'd watch episode after episode if you could. You also love Toy Story. "Wu-Wu" (Woody) and "Buh" (Buzz) are easily recognizable for you now, especially in the toy section of stores :) Luckily, your perfectly fine with watching the movies and not necessarily having the toys. You are starting to pretend so much more. The other night you made a meal for your daddy to eat and you two sat and ate it together pretending the entire time. You talk to Mo the monkey all time and usually he answers any question you ask him with a "Uh huh!" You are so good at puzzles. The other night in the nursery you were showing the older kids where to put the shapes in the shape sorter. Smart boy!

There is so much more I could write because you amaze us so much. We love you, sweet man, and can't wait to see all the incredible things you're going to do one day!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...