Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wedding Weekend-A Final Note

The day of the wedding my brother had one of his groomsmen deliver a special note to Andrea before the wedding. Inside, Josh had written a long note to Andrea telling her how special she was to him, how beautiful she was, and how he couldn't wait to be married to her. He also included his handwritten vows to her inside the letter. In a Greek orthodox wedding, the bride and groom do not exchange vows. Josh told her that the only thing that was missing from their day were the vows and he wanted to give her his before the wedding. Are you tearing up, yet? Just wait until you read what he wrote! Andrea read the card out loud to all the bridesmaids before we went inside the church. I didn't make it very far into the letter before I was crying and I looked around and realized I wasn't the only one. There went the make-up! My brother wrote his heart into that letter and it was so clear to me then just how much he loved Andrea. It was the absolute sweetest thing I have ever heard him say to another person. It's something I want my son to say to his wife one day. It was the perfect way to start their lives together. I can't wait to see how their love for one another is going to grow over the coming years.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...