Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wedding Weekend-Bridal Luncheon

Friday all the girls got ready for the bridal luncheon. On the invitation it clearly stated that everyone attending was required to wear a hat. I don't own any hats, except for the ones I wear to the beach, so I called my friend, Una, from work and she let me borrow the cutest hat ever and a dress for the luncheon. Thanks, Una! I felt like I was channeling Audrey Hepburn the entire day :) Before we left, we all took lots of pictures. It's not every day that you get dressed up and wear a hat, so we made the most of this experience.

Me and my cousin, Ginger. LOVE HER SO MUCH!

All of us girls ready for our hat party!
Grandma, me, mom, Ginger, Mawmaw, Linda, and Tracy

We arrived at the luncheon and it was so much fun to see everyone else in their hats. Andrea and I were exact opposites of each other with our black and white outfits. We coordinated very well!


All the girls at the luncheon

Grandma, me, Mom, and Mawmaw

My family

Tracy, Linda, and Ginger


Most of Andrea's bridesmaids were childhood friends or family members that had grown up all together. They were so happy to see Andrea getting married!


Andrea's bridesmaids

Andrea's grandmothers

Andrea's aunts

Mattie, the precious flower girl

Brittney, Andrea's cousin and maid of honor, put together a memory scrapbook for Andrea of Andrea and all her friends with photos of them as they grew up together. It was so sweet to see how much these girls cared about each other and how many memories they had made together.
What a sweet and memorable gift!


Andrea's mother's side of the family is Greek; in fact, Andrea's mother went to Greek school when she was a little girl. Think My Big Fat Greek Wedding for real :) Andrea and Josh were going to have a traditional Greek orthodox wedding (just like the movie) so Andrea's mom taught anyone willing to participate traditional Greek dances for the reception the next night. I, being highly uncoordinated when it comes to dancing of any kind, decided to just play the role of the photog.



We had a wonderful lunch and dessert and then it was time to go, but first we had to take just a few more pictures :)

Me and my beautiful mom

Three generations picture

Linda and her daughter, Ginger

Mawmaw with her only two granddaughters
(all the rest are boys)

Andrea with her two moms

Me and my sis-in-law

Two proud mothers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea and great pictures! FUN -

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you look GREAT. I love your hat and dress! Yea Una

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...