Monday, July 5, 2010

Mo Knows How to Potty

Eli's imagination is in full bloom right now. I love catching him doing something using his imagination when he's not suspecting it. The other day he was playing with his Handy Manny drill and it wasn't cooperating with him. He was trying to attach the drill bit to it, but couldn't figure out how to turn the knob to make it happen. Eli thought the drill was being obstinate, I guess, so I heard him tell it, "No, no, no. Dime-ow (Time out)!" He went to the time out corner and placed the drill in time out. I was laughing so hard, but was happy that at least he realized the purpose of the time out corner.

That's just one example, but there have been many more. The Friday we left to go visit my parents, I was in our bedroom making the bed-something I only do in the summers-when I overheard Eli on the baby monitor in his room talking to Mo. It's hard to write the conversation in words, but basically he asked Mo if he needed to use the potty.


Mo answered "Uh huh! and the next thing I knew Eli was walking through the bedroom to the bathroom with Mo and sat Mo on his potty. Mommy, of course, had to come sit with them while Mo used the potty. We gave Mo a book to read and then Eli decided to take things into his own hands...



I guess Mo wanted a more up close look at the potty. Poor Mo! Mommy eventually rescued him (after taking plenty of picture of course) and immediately threw him in the washer so he could get a bath. Let's just hope Eli doesn't try to do this to Mo in the REAL potty!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...