Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One Fish, Two Fish...

Tuesday night Ed took us to eat at Oasis, a restaurant right on the lake. One of the reasons he wanted us to go to this particular spot was so Eli would get a chance to feed the ducks and the fish after we ate. They have a small channel where tons of HUGE UGLY carp gather to catch all the food that tourists, who willing spend money buying the fishing food conveniently located nearby, drop to them. The ducks are there as well, but the fish beat them out in number.


We were seated right on the back patio and it was so refreshing to be on the water and to experience the breeze coming off the lake. It made me wish for a house on the water. Imagine coming home from a stressful day at work and then going to sit on your back porch in your swing and looking out at a beautiful area of water. Your kids are down in the yard playing, your hubby is rubbing your feet (SOOOO not happening, considering my hubby HATES feet!, and you're drinking a glass of freshly made sweet tea. Yeah, I can already feel the stress melting away just imagining it! I'll put it on my bucket list :)

Anyway, back to reality, Eli loved being so close to the water. We had gotten to the restaurant early enough that it wasn't crowded at all, so Eli was able to walk around as much he wanted to while we waited for our food. The boy loves being outside and had so much fun looking for all the ducks that were in the water.



The only problem with being outside is Eli quickly loses interest in food. We ordered chicken strips and french fries for him, but he chose to eat just some of the french fries. He made it appear we were torturing him as we were trying to get him to eat just one bite of a chicken strip, so all the guests started staring at our table. Great. E came to the rescue and he and Eli went to explore while Josh and I finished our meals.



After we ate and tried unsuccessfully one more time to get Eli to eat just a little more, we left to go feed the ducks and fish. We didn't have any coins for the food machines, but there was coincidentally a little store right on the dock that sold bread. Ed bought a loaf of bread and we all had lots of fun feeding the fish and the ducks. Josh and I felt bad for the ducks, so we tried our hardest to toss the bread to them. Eli didn't care about who was getting the food, he just loved dropping it in the water. You'll notice there wasn't a gate or fence, just concrete, a drop off, and then deep water. I worried the entire time we were there that he was going to fall in. Thankfully, he didn't and we just had a wonderful time feeding all the fish and ducks. Thanks, Ed, for another great meal and experience!





On the way home, Eli was starting to get a little cranky because he was tired so I gave him my camera and we started looking at pictures. I turned to get something and my little photo genius snapped this one of his cup of lemonade. I actually really love this picture. We may have a budding photographer on our hands :)



2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Funny this post shows up today after my post about Dan putting lotion on our feet! :-) Too funny!

Shoshanah said...

My boyfriend hates me feet too! Really the only way I ever get foot rubs, is if he's rubbing through a blanket and actually avoiding touching the skin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...