Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Shower For Little Miss Avery

This past Thursday my friends and I hosted a baby shower for a very dear friend of mine, Sarah, from work. Sarah and I have been teaching together for six years now. I was there when her two precious boys, Clayton and Cooper, entered the world, and she was there when Eli entered the world. We have grown close over the past few years, and I was super excited when she came to me at the beginning of the year and told me that surprisingly she was pregnant with her third baby. She and her husband were even more surprised when they found out it was a little girl!! Avery Ann is due this spring, and we can't wait for her to make her appearance! She is already loved by so many people.

Sarah made Eli's hospital door hanger when he was born, and I made one for her second baby, Cooper. As soon as I found out she was having a girl, I couldn't wait to make her hospital announcement canvas for Avery. Sarah's bedding came from Pottery Barn, so I customized the canvas to go with her bedding. I love how it turned out!


We had the shower at Torri's house. (Torri is my friend that took pictures of Eli's 2nd birthday party for me). She decorated her house to look so cute and girly. I loved all the decorations!



It worked out that Sarah's sisters and her niece were in town for her shower. Sarah is originally from Ohio, so she and her sisters don't get to see each other that much. We were so glad that they were able to be here to celebrate this special day with her!


Sarah was given so many precious outfits and dresses. We oohed and aahed over every one of them. It's amazing how many adorable outfits there are out there for girls. I know Sarah is going to love dressing her little girl in all her pretty outfits!



Cooper, Sarah's youngest (at the moment!), helped her open all her gifts. Look at those big, brown eyes!


Sophie, Torri's daughter, gave Sarah a really cute doll for Miss Avery. We all loved it!



Clayton, Sarah's oldest, woke up from his afternoon nap and wasn't in a great mood, so he sat in Sarah's lap the remainder of the shower. He is such a good brother to Cooper, and I know he's going to be a wonderful big brother to Avery.




When we were planning Sarah's shower, we really wanted to give her a special gift; something that she would really love. We thought and thought, and then one day it came to me! I went to etsy.com and found exactly what we were looking for, and we knew it was something Sarah was going to love and cherish forever. When she opened the gift...well, her face says it all. I think we made a good decision :)




We gave Sarah a custom Mommy necklace. Josh gave me one on my first Mother's day and it is something I absolutely adore. I knew that Sarah would feel the same way when she received hers. In fact, I think she's worn it everyday since the shower :)


After all the gifts were opened, Clayton and Cooper serenaded us with some catchy tunes on the piano. Just think, next year there's going to be a little girl up there, too :) Avery Ann, we can't wait to meet you!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...