Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time To Count Those Pearly Whites

Last Wednesday, Eli and I had to go to the dentist for his check-up. We talked about the dentist the whole way there so he wouldn't be nervous about going. He was okay in the car, but once we got to the office it was a different story. 

We went into the room to get his teeth cleaned and Eli was not having any of it. He clamped his little jaws shut and wouldn't open up for anything. He kept saying, "I want to go home, Momma." The hygienist, Mrs. Torri, and I had to use some reverse psychology on him and eventually it worked. Whew! He just needed a little time to warm up, I guess. After a few minutes in the lobby playing with some of the puzzles, he was ready to get his teeth cleaned. Thankfully, Mrs. Torri specializes in cleaning toddler's teeth, so she was finished in record time. 

Next up was a check up by Dr. Lee. Would you believe Eli opened his mouth right up and kept it open the entire time Dr. Lee was examining his teeth? Little stinker :) Dr. Lee said everything looked great. Yay! Eli does really well brushing his teeth most nights, but every now and then I have to get a little creative so he'll let me have my turn. (He always get to go first, but Momma ALWAYS goes behind him.) Dr. Lee said to keep doing what we're doing and he'll see us in another  months. For being such a big boy, Eli got to pick out a bouncy ball. He was extremely excited about that!

Say, "Ahhhh!"

Of course, we had to pull out the sunglasses when he turned on the overhead light :)




Way to brush those teeth, Eli! Keep it up!


1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the sunglasses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...