Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Wilson's Build Their Dream House Update

This week the painters finished painting the inside and outside of the house. Our painters were great. They finished the job in only two weeks and did an amazing job. Plus, they were so patient with me and my indecisiveness! Picking paint colors is a tough job, but I have to say I'm very, very pleased with how every room turned out.









The only color I changed from the original set of colors I chose was the color I picked for Eli's room. This was the color I had originally picked, but then changed at the last minute to one that was a shade lighter. After seeing the color of the primer, which had the paint color mixed in with it, I knew I wanted it darker so we went back to the original color. I LOVE how it turned out! I wanted a blue that wasn't "baby" and this one is perfect. It's called Buxton Blue by Benjamin Moore.








Picking the stain color for the island, the stairs, and the doors was even harder than choosing paint colors. Josh and I liked completely different colors; I liked the ones with more brown in them and he liked the ones with more red in them. We finally met in the middle and chose colors that we both liked. For the stair treads, the banister, and the newel posts, we chose a stain color called Provincial.






I was a little worried about how my idea of painting the kitchen cabinets and then staining the island would work out, but it turned out better than I imagined. For the island stain color, we chose the color Early American. I can't wait to see it with the polyurethane on it!



The last thing they did was stain our front door. It's exactly how I imagined it would be. We went with a dark walnut gel stain, and I love the end result!



They also stained our cedar shutters. They'll hang these within the next couple of weeks and then the front of the house will be finished!


Our tile and floor guy has already started and he'll finish up in the next 2 weeks or so. It's so much fun and we're getting so close. I can't wait to post updates next week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...