Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Wilson's Build Their Dream House Update-Paint Update


We have changed the exterior color because the previous one turned out to be peach. We now have won the award of the "Ugliest House on the Block" and we haven't even moved in yet! It seemed to be such a pretty color on the swatch, but it wasn't pretty AT ALL when it was on the siding. My stomach just sinks thinking about how wrong it was. Anyway, today my husband, who should be a decorator because he rocks at this whole building a house thing, picked out a new color and it's perfect. It pains me to say that, but it's true. Here's the updated exterior color and the new trim color that my wonderfully talented decorator of a husband chose :)

Exterior Color
Benjamin Moore-Pismo Dunes


Exterior Trim Color
Benjamin Moore-Glacier White


While we were at the house detesting the fact that our house is currently peach, we walked around on the inside and noticed that the color I picked for Eli's room could go a shade darker. I always thought that the colors you picked on a swatch would look darker, but that hasn't been the case at all! Every color we've seen has been lighter. Maybe because it's tinted primer???? 

Updated Room Color for Eli's Room
Benjamin Moore: Buxton Blue

All the other colors work (THANK THE LORD!), but the painter said I have until Monday if I change my mind. The only other color I'm debating going darker with is the guest bedroom that is currently Celery Salt. I'm thinking it needs to be darker, but we'll just have to see. I'm going to take the weekend to think it over. I'll be posting pictures this weekend of the work they did at the house this week, so be looking for those! You'll get to see what the house is going to kind of look like, but just keep in mind that you're seeing tinted primer. It's not the final color yet! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...