Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nicki, Jonah, and Micah Come to Visit

The week school started we got an unexpected surprise when Nicki and her boys traveled to see us...Well, not just us, but it's my blog, so I can pretend :) Sunday night after they got in we all gathered at the Welch's house for some yummy fried fish, french fries, and more desserts than you can imagine. It was so much fun getting to see Nicki and the boys again. Jonah loved getting to catch up with everyone, especially his buddy, Cliff. Would you believe this is the ONLY picture I took that night. I was busy chasing Eli around the house, talking to friends, and stuffing my face! Nicki might have taken more, but her computer is on the fritz right now :(  I still LOVE this picture I took of Cliff and Jonah though. They're BIG BUDS!


Nicki and the boys weren't in town for very long so we made the most of the short time we had with them. Monday after school we went swimming at Art and Vera's house with Diane and her girls, Marlie and Hannah. The kids had SO MUCH FUN splashing, swimming, diving, and playing in the pool. It felt just like old times!


Eli and his future wife, Hannah :)

Diane and Micah

Two of the sweetest boys I know!

After the kids got tired of swimming, they played in the yard for a little bit with a big beach ball.






Mrs. Vera got home from work early (A VERY RARE OCCURRENCE!) and she couldn't wait to get her hands on Mr. Micah. Diane and Hannah had fun squeezing those chubby baby legs, too. Micah just ate it all up!


We left Art and Vera's house and met Daddy at Zue-Zue's house for supper. She'd cooked Nicki's favorite (OURS TOO!)-fried chicken, Cane's sauce, and mashed potatoes. YUM-O! While the adults were finishing up our meal, Jonah and Eli were playing their little hearts out. Nicki got up at one point and found this...it was too sweet to not take a picture of it. I love that these little boys play so well together! I just hate that there are SO MANY MILES separating them from each other :( 


It was SO GOOD being able to see my sweet friend again! I can't wait until we can see them again! Hopefully, it won't be too long before we can see each other again :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...